Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nice Day Today


Hi Friends
I love Sundays. They are so peaceful and quiet. I guess my not having kids does factor into the "peace" aspect... I went to a horse show yesterday which was fun. Got to go out to a friend's house out past the Tucson Mountains. She has some of the prettiest views of the desert. Its funny to me how people see the word "desert" in their minds. The word usually brings visions of sand dunes and cow skeletons. If you have never been to Tucson you dont know. The desert is beautiful, alive and GREEN! We are in a cooler season right now so we have these beautiful crisp clear days. Lows in the 40's highs in the mid 70's. The sky is so blue you could just stare at it for hours. The best part, sunsets. I know, I've talked about sunsets here before. This is another one of those things I could describe but those descriptions do no justice. I took several picts for the benefit of a new friend who has never been to Tucson and posted them on my Facebook. The sunset that I caught with my camera yesterday, simply amazing. Winter sunsets are not usually like this one. Ones like this are usually seen during monsoon in june july and august. Those are accompanied by stunning electrical storms and warm rain. The Saguaro National Monument during a monsoon sunset is one of the things that should be on that list of things to see before you die.

In any case, this one was...wow. What do you think? Let me know! It's nice to know if someone likes my blog much less is reading it! ;)
Peace and cheer!
Christine

1 comment:

Ken_Orabone said...

Yep, the sunsets are amazing out there! I'm glad I got to experience many of them during my years out there. Now I get to experience the sound of snow falling on a clear cold morning - quite different, but amazing in a different way.

Molly mooching yogurt

Molly mooching yogurt