Friday, December 19, 2008

Let's do the Time Warp again!


Ahh, does that bring back memories... Yes, I will freely admit it, my claim to "acting" fame is that I performed for a year and a half in the local cast of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I was a "Magenta"-basically, I was the maid that didnt get completly naked! My fiance (back then, now hubby) was a "Brad" and a "Riff Raff". I remember our fellow castmates thought it was cool that their Magenta and Riff were getting married. God, how many Sundays did I go to work half asleep because I performed Saturday and hadnt gotten to bed before 4am??? WAAAAY to many LOL!

Thing I loved about doing Rocky, you were accepted no matter what. You could go in a leather corset, fishnets and stilletos and be a GUY and they would love you for it. I enjoyed yelling at the movie, singing along, dancing and throwing toilet paper. I used to say that Rocky was good clean filthy fun. You didnt need booze or drugs to have a blast. You could be WAAAY over the top of overt sexuality and no one thought anything of it. God, I remember going to a show in Phoenix, hubby and I in costume, and him biting my neck with the entire theater cheering him on. Hmm, good memory ;) It's been a while since we went to Rocky. Maybe I should go...

Things to take to the Rocky Horror Picture Show
rice
toast
newspaper
water gun
toilet paper
and a strong sense of fun!

No comments:

Molly mooching yogurt

Molly mooching yogurt