Monday, December 8, 2008

Lunch is Gross


FUNNY OF THE DAY
Sittin here, bored, works all done, eatin lunch. I usually like the healthy choice steaming bowls but today its kinda grossing me out. I guess you shouldnt try to eat general tao chicken and rice on a stomach that is just recovering from the flu...Yeah I know, stupid stupid stupid. Oh well, I can fish the chicken out and I will survive.

We finally turned the heater on last night. It was 64 in the house, my teeth are chattering and I said ENOUGH time to turn it on. Why is it every year when you go to turn on the furnace you can never remember how to do it? I have to read the damn instructions every time-and we've lived here 5 years! Humph! Anyway, it's now up and running and my house is a nice 73 degrees. Ive been wanting to sew but its just too darn cold in there. Now at least I don't see my breath. (God, this rice is yucky) So that means I will probably miss the christmas season shoppers on etsy.

To be honest Ive been a little burned out. I needed the mental holiday. Besides, I am now over one year free from retail hell, Im actually in the Christmas spirit! Let me tell you, working retail at Christmas will crush the very essence of the spark of the Christmas spirit right out of your soul. Typically, I wouldnt get into the spirit untill January. Say Merry Christmas to someone on Jan 5th and see all the strange looks you get LOL! Oh god, how many years did I wear a santa hat to work just to try to cheer myself into the season, only to be crushed with "but WHHYYYY cant I buy the super value special laptop!?! Your ad says that every store has at least 5!" This from the idiot that comes in at 3 in the afternoon on black friday, expecting every super sale item to be just sitting there with a big frickin bow on it just for them. Did you hear about the Walmart employee that was trampled to death by frickin black friday assholes? They broke the door down and ran him over. For what? OOHHH a 37" HDTV for $299-that Wii that is on sale?? Things people, these are things. And because of those things, that man will not spend his holiday with his family. His family will have to live through every holiday for the rest of their lives knowing that Daddy died because of greedy bargain hunting black friday shoppers. Makes me sick, can you tell? I remember my last Black Friday working at Office Depot. I took a camera and took pictures of the line that had been waiting since 9pm the night before and the crazy people rushing in and waiting in line. I remember someone cussing at me and saying "put the camera down and get me ___". I dont even remember what the creep wanted. I do remember forever the crazyness. If you are interested, here is a link to the pictures http://good-times.webshots.com/album/556012882TKDBVz

Ok, my lunch is still gross, so I have to go toss it and get back to work. Have a great day and feel free to comment so I dont feel like I'm talking to myself here!

No comments:

Molly mooching yogurt

Molly mooching yogurt