Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bad Pants are habit forming!

I found the most wonderful/horrible pants yesterday! On mondays, Savers (oh how I love thee) has a color tag that is 99 cents. They've been running daily manager specials too. WELL, they had ladies pants for 99 CENTS! I got yet another obnoxious pair of Talbots. I swear, more times than not when I find a delish pair of ugly pants, they are either Bill Blass or Talbots. Dont know why LOL. Well, you saw the bag I made with the pair of metalic red pants with the white and blue top?? I found another pair of red metalic AND a pair of pink metalic! Talk about FUN to chop and sew!!! I also got a pair of cool cordoroys in burnt orange, olive, tan and black. I think another boho bag is called for :) Also had the inspiration to upcycle a pair of overals into an apron. I will figure it out but I think it could be way cute!

Lets see, adventures in crafting... Oh, I decided it was time to learn how to knit. So I bought this kid knitting kit. I figured that if instructions for a nine year old couldnt teach me it wasnt meant to be. Horribly ugly yarn, but you have to learn with something...

Ive been hearing about Plarn lately. I use my jean bags for grocery shopping but I am guilty of forgetting them every once in a while. Wanted to try my hand at plarn so I went grocery shopping. Came home with about 10 bags. Looked up instructions for making plarn off google and found http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/02/17/instructions-for-cutting-plastic-bags-creating-recycled-plastic-yarn/ Really easy to make! The ten bags made a piece about 12" by 4". It takes a lot of bags but still cool to try!

Something you gotta try, bake or forman grill 2 chicken breasts. Shred them into little pieces. Add the chicken, a can of rotel, a can of diced green chiles, and a can of chicken broth (lo sodium.) Simmer uncovered for about 30 min. Spoon chicken onto tortillas and munch. I could eat this every day! I usually add some Chulula or salsa. Hot but YUMMY!

Good night and good luck!

No comments:

Molly mooching yogurt

Molly mooching yogurt