Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yummy Sandwich and Observations

Obama Pictures and McCain Pictures
see Sarah Palin pictures

Howdy there! Thanks for stopping by. I just finished my lunch and it was gooood! I had Subway, double meat turkey on itallian herb and cheese, pepperjack cheese, spinach, jalapenos, avocado, onions, spicy mustard and chipoltle mayo. If you havent tried this combo I highly recommend it. Spinach is such a great alternative to iceburg lettuce. Iceburg is a nutritional zero while spinach is great for you and has a nice mild flavor.

Yeah I know, you are wondering where my rant is...

Well, today I have more of an observation than a rant. I was reading Yahoo at lunch (while munching on my yummy yummy sandwich) and came across this article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080910/pl_politico/13317;_ylt=AvEK79C9OF5sFTvTx0cN3ZBB5494

It talks about if Obama had chosen Hillary, if it would have lessened Palin's impact on the polls and women voters. It occurs to me that Palin was a choice made to attract women voters. She was chosen for her religion and her sex. She was NOT chosen because of her public service. She was tapped because of God and a uterus. Now, I don't know about you but I just don't think that's qualification for running a country.

I think it speaks to the shortsightedness of the McCain campaign. They picked someone who has the potential to get them elected. I wonder, you know, if hell freezes and McCain wins, what they will do with her after the election...

On the other hand, look at Joe Biden. Obama chose him because he has the experience to help run the country. By picking Biden, Obama is thinking about the job, not the election. It reminds me of a bride to be. Freaking out over the wedding, pouring over all the tiny details of the wedding ceremony and reception. She makes her loved ones crazy, trying to pick out the perfect bridesmaid dresses and agonizing over choosing fushia or raspberry for her special color. She works and cries and sweats to create the perfect day. The frenzy builds and builds until it becomes a whirlwind of insanity... and then its over. She is married. She worried so much about the wedding that she forgot all about the marriage.

Obama chose a partner to help with the truly monumental task ahead of the next president. McCain chose a partner who will get him to that "perfect day", but after...who is truly qualified to be in this job?

No comments:

Molly mooching yogurt

Molly mooching yogurt