Saturday, May 31, 2008

Well, time to start a Blog!

Hi hi! Im Christine, the happy and proud creator of Recycled Booty Bags.
Well, a bit about me...Im a graphic artist living in Southern Arizona. Im happily married with no human kids. I have 3 cats-Dexter, Molly and Magpie. My brother in law and my brother have lots of the human type so my fur children are plenty for me!
I have been a creative soul all my life. I started sewing at 8 and have always drawn, painted and done sculpture. I have been involved with model horse showing, sculpting and painting since 1997.
I am a thrift store fiend. One day I was at one of my favorite haunts and the idea came to me for using jeans to make really strong bags for shopping. I had just recently made the switch to canvas grocery bags but I didnt like how flimsy they were. I wanted something better. As I was pondering this I walked past a horrible pair of orange jeans. The idea hit me and Recycled Booty Bags were born. I found Etsy - a terrific place to buy and sell handmade items - and so I opened my shop www.recycledbootybags.etsy.com earlier this year.
My hopes are to eventually do this full time but for now I have a day job :) On my blog I'll probably talk about current things Im working on, cute kitty things, cool recipes, maaaybe a little politics (I have disliked Bush since before it was popular) movies, music, model horses, neat stuff and sellers I find on Etsy, maybe some fun guy jokes and whatever makes me go OOOHHH!

No comments:

Molly mooching yogurt

Molly mooching yogurt